Friday 9 May 2014

The day before

Well I have been trying to keep myself busy all day today as the excitement is making me feel physically sick! 

I've been to have my gel nail polish removed and to buy food that I think I will be able to eat after the op, mainly soft stuff :) 

I've also done more research on what to expect, changed the bed sheets, done all my washing, put comfortable clothes out to wear, packed a bag with toiletries and essentials in case I do need to stay over, written lists of what to take..... Anything really to pass the time.

I've been taking arnica supplements in the hope it will reduce the swelling and have ice and frozen peas and a freezable eye mask all ready for when I get back home. I'm also trying to drink plenty of water so I'm fairly well hydrated when I get there. The last couple of general anaesthetics I've had my blood pressure dropped very low afterwards so I have been advised to drink plenty of water the day before the op.

I'm not really feeling scared, just massively excited. Oh my god I cannot wait!

I have to be at the hospital at 8 a.m so I'm glad I don't have to wait all day for the surgery. Off to wash my hair and get an early night as I suspect I will be too excited to sleep.......


No comments:

Post a Comment