Tuesday 13 May 2014

Day 3.... Pack removal

WHAT A RELIEF!!!!!! I cannot begin to tell you how much better I feel now the nose tampons have been removed!!!

I woke up this morning feeling quite sick and fed up and the car journey to the hospital was a bit vomit-inducing. The taxi driver was a bit shocked at my bruised face and drove really carefully to the hospital, bless him.

Having the packs removed took a few minutes, 2 nurses just popped me up on the bed and pulled the looooooooong packing out with tweezers, it was pretty uncomfortable and a little painful but instantly felt better. I could breathe through my nose and swallow without causing an uncomfortable vacuum in my sinuses. 

Went straight back home afterwards and had a little lie down then cleaned my nose with the sprays they gave me. I'm still having to tape the gauze under my nose as I have a lot of stringy clear snot coming out, with blood intermingled. Hoping this will dry up over the next few days.

The bruising is still colorful and my face is super swollen but it's getting better by the hour.

I've been completely honest with my friends, colleagues and family and had a lot of interest in my Facebook posts, including some of my sicker friends wanting to see pics of the jar with the excess bone and cartilage that my surgeon gave me! No negativity so far.... I'm sure there are people who think I'm daft but I didn't think it was worth trying to hide it :) 

I think I can manage leaving the house to get my nails done tomorrow and still really excited to get this cast off and see my new nose.


No comments:

Post a Comment