Tuesday 20 May 2014

The big reveal!

I haven't written for a few days as I have been super busy but I'll update you with what has occurred so far.

On day 6 I went to a friend's baby shower, still with the cast on and as a lot of my work colleagues were there I tried to cover up the yellow bruising a little. Most people said I looked better than they were expecting but I could tell the cast was unnerving them a bit.

I only stayed for a couple of hours as I was really tired and my cast was SO itchy! I started peeling away the bits of tape that were poking out from underneath as they were getting sticky and itchy and the cast feels loose like I could just take it off myself.... I didn't!

That night I didn't sleep much as I had nightmares about the cast coming off and it looking hideous! 

Luckily my appointment for the cast removal was the next morning so I didn't have to wait too long, I took some painkillers as I heard it was painful and off we went to meet my new nose!

My surgeon is a visiting surgeon to the region so wasn't there (I see him next in a month) but the nurses seemed to know what they are doing. I was told to lay down on the bed and the nurse started prising my cast off. It didn't hurt at all, just a bit of pressure when she had to peel it off the bridge at the top but actually it was fine. 

Then I saw it....my new nose and I LOVE it! It looked so straight and the tip is quite swollen but it's so much shorter!

The nurse then took the stitches out, most just slid out, a few needed gently tugging but the pain was like pulling out a hair, not bad at all. I got one last look at the nose before she put some tape on that she said I would need to keep doing for 5 days. 

As soon as I stepped outside in the heat the glue on the tape went sticky and itchy so I took it off and it's not going back on! It may help with the swelling but it doesn't hold up well in 37 degree heat!

We then went to do a bit of shopping and whilst we were in the mall I started to feel ill.... A bladder infection :( 

I'm actually prone to bladder infections and I am a kidney stone former so I'm quite used to this, I have also had to have my urethra dilated twice so I think that the infection could be due to the catheter and also my bladder going to sleep during the surgery. Got some antibiotics and started to feel better but I was annoyed that it took the attention away from my new nose.

In the evening we went out for a couple of beers and I put some makeup on for the first time, hard work when you have flaky, dry skin all over your nose and under your eyes. Still, I did my best and every night since I have been slathering my face with Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream and rubbing bio oil into my scars. It has improved a lot but the skin is still dry and I think I'm vhoing to just have to wait for it to shed and renew itself.

Any way, here are the pics.......


What a difference! Back to work the nect day so I was glad the bruising had gone down a lot and I don't look too much of a mess.

The tip is still really swollen, and the bridge so I pectins them to be much thinner than on these pics. I'll post some update pics when the swelling has gone down a bit. 

Overall though I am really really pleased with it and I'm so glad I had it done.



1 comment:

  1. I'm happy that you're happy with the results. It's certainly a huge difference, although you look beautiful regardless of the shape of your nose. All I know is I'm happy with your decision, and I'm sure there was a bigger reason behind the surgery besides plain aesthetic purposes. Stay gorgeous! :)

    Willie Strickland @ Alexander Cosmetic Surgery

    ReplyDelete