Saturday 3 May 2014

1 week to go.... Blood tests and consultation with anaestheologist

With one week to go I needed to go back to the clinic, sign my life away with the consent forms and have my "before" pictures taken. No surgeon at this visit, just very friendly staff who let me know that they would call me two days before surgery to confirm a time and gave me basic instructions on what to do before I come in. I paid a dost (about 1/5 of the total cost) so no turning back now!!!

They then took me over to the main hospital, where I will be having my surgery, for blood tests and to meet the anaestheologist. I've had 6 surgeries in the last 5 years for various ailments (no, not more plastic surgery) so we had a lot to talk about. She took a brief medical history, checked my vitals (low heart rate as per usual) and that was pretty much it!

I was told that I would be contacted 2 days prior to surgery to set a specific time and assured that I'd have a chance to talk to my surgeon to discuss in detail what I want doing. 

I keep getting little moments where I think maybe I should just learn to live with my nose and that it's not that bad really, but a quick glance back at some of my photos where I'm awkwardly smiling, knowing that I'm thinking "this is getting deleted if my nose looks big", reassures me that I've made the right decision. 

I want to make sure that the surgeon knows what kind of nose I'm aiming for and got some pictures of the web to show him. I know I can't just order a nose and that I'm not going to look like a celebrity when I wake up.... But I would just feel better if I gave him something to aim for to aim for.... So here are my favourite noses:




I will show these to the surgeon on the day and then I guess I just have to leave the fate of my face in his capable hands 😁😐

No comments:

Post a Comment