Monday 5 May 2014

Getting prepared

4 days to go now and I'm still really excited. I decided to tell everybody at work as I don't think there is any point in trying to hide it. I only have one week off work so I will still be pretty bruised and swollen by the time I go back, so it would be silly if I tried to say that nothing had happened. Plus, I hope, I will look very different.....

To get myself prepared for recovery I have bought some arnica, which I will start taking today. There s no hard evidence that this actually helps reduce bruising but I'm willing to give it a shot! It can't be detrimental so I have everything to gain. I also bought a freezable eye mask from The Body Shop and some heavy camouflage makeup from Boots in case I need to cover any bruises when I go back to work.

I'm working out a lot this week as I know I won't be able to exercise for a few weeks after the op, so I'm trying to do as much as I can beforehand. I have also booked in to have my gel nail polish removed, waxing done and a relaxing massage the day before the op. 

I'm feeling well prepared and eager for Saturday to arrive :)

No comments:

Post a Comment