Monday 12 May 2014

Days 1 and 2


So the last couple of days have been pretty tough, my face is quite swollen and it's been really hard having my nose completely blocked. I have the packing removed from my nostrils tomorrow and I cannot wait.

I've not been in any pain really, just really struggled breathing through my mouth and with my ears popping and creating a sort of vacuum in my head! Have been sleeping propped up on loads of pillows and waking up with a very dry mouth, also I think I've been swallowing a lot of air and that has been making me feel a bit sick....this is relieved by some very loud belching 😳

I've been trying to eat frequently to keep my strength up, soft foods like mashed potato with sweet corn, oatmeal and fruit. It doesn't hurt to eat, again it's just hard eating and breathing at the same time!

I'm only taking paracetamol as pain relief and taking arnica still. Seriously hoping I feel better after the packing is removed and that the swelling comes down before I have to go back to work.  

Here are some rather attractive pics of my puffy face:

I had quite a lot of work done to the bridge and also had my turbinates worked on so I think that is why it is so swollen between my eyes. I can feel it pushing against the cast which is a bit uncomfortable too. 

Will update once the packing is out tomorrow :)





No comments:

Post a Comment