Friday 2 May 2014

My big nose!


So I am having a nose job. Finally, at the age of 32 I am finally getting rhinoplasty surgery and saying goodbye to the nose that I have hated since I was a teenager. I hate looking at photos of myself, all I can see when I look at them is my large, wonky nose taking over my face.

Self obsessed? No, nose-obsessed! Which is why I want it fixed so I can just stop thinking about it... The more cynical of you may think that I may just then fixate on another body part or that I may still hate my face after it's done or that I should appreciate that beauty comes from within etc etc...... And yes, you may be right. I may also love it, it may make me confident to smile, to be in pictures, to laugh without worrying about how my nose looks and may actually make me rather happy. It's a chance that I am willing to take.

So here it is.... My tormentor, my nose!




As you can see, from the front on the tip is wide and wonky and I have a flat bump on the bridge, from the side it's just too big and my nostrils are very large, underneath I have "nose cleavage" where the two "wings" of cartilage are separated - this also contributes to the wide tip. 

I have thought long and hard about the operation and I have waited until my 30's in the hope that some worldly experience would give me the confidence to, well, not give a shit about my nose. But it didn't happen. So I'm doing it and I'm so excited!

I know that I'm not going to end up with the perfect nose, but a better version of my nose will be very welcome. 

So this blog is going to track my rhinoplasty journey. I hope it's useful to somebody else out there and it will be good for me to look back on when it's all over :) 

Weese x

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting post. I Have Been wondering about this issue, so thanks for posting. Pretty cool post.It 's really very nice and Useful post.Thanks revision rhinoplasty​

    ReplyDelete